A little bit of Mexico

Revolución Coffee House, a new coffee shop that opened in March on Southwest Clay and Sixth Avenue near the Portland State campus, offers authentic and traditional Mexican drinks and cuisine…

KPSU gets AMPED for FM

Last week, Portland State’s student-run radio station KPSU completed its fundraising drive, AMP KPSU. The drive, which ran March 31–April 20, featured a series of programs and events designed to…

The trials of an organic farmer

Being a small fish in a big pond

Picture an 85-acre organic farm somewhere in Southern California, nestled between hundreds of acres of corporate oranges and avocados.

Romney’s slash ’n’ smash economics

The budget that would kill the budget

Unfortunately for the government, taxes are extremely unpopular. Especially among those whom said taxes least benefit: the extremely wealthy and corporations.

This ever-relevant fact is the heart of Mitt Romney’s campaign platform, and his raison d’etre on the Republican ticket. His tax-slashing budget outline offers up an economic plan that tries to be as little of one as possible.

Get up close

Live performances keep us human in an era defined by machines

Nowadays it’s easier than ever to forget there’s a real world out there. What with the daily routine of work, home and school, we spend 75 percent of our waking lives as slaves to our careers and futures, and much of the other 25 percent glued to some screen or other.