Smoke from cooking
Sounds an alert
But a closer looking
Finds nobody hurt
Smoke from a cooking area activated a smoke detector at the Ondine at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 16. There was no report of damage.
A smell of smoke emanating from a residence hall apartment brought a response from the Portland Fire Bureau. The incident occurred at about 4 a.m. Nov. 16, but there was no fire.
An attempted break-in at a university residence hall about 9 a.m. Nov. 16 was unsuccessful, but damage to the door was estimated at $50.
A loss of $290 was reported after an unattended backpack was stolen in Millar Library about 9:30 a.m. Nov. 17.
A bicycle and lock worth $320 were stolen on campus about 11:30 a.m. Nov. 16.
Christopher Martin, 20, was lodged in the detention center after he was approached in Parking 3 at 2 a.m. Nov. 16. He was wanted on Multnomah County warrants relating to drug possession and criminal trespass. He had previously been issued a written criminal trespass warning by campus officers.
Complaints of a disturbance on campus just after midnight Nov. 18 brought the attention of officers. It proved to be a loud verbal argument in progress, referred to internal resolution.