Crime Blotter

Crow collared
Jason M. Crow, 26, was cited for criminal trespass and released at 8:30 a.m. May 8 after an encounter with campus police in Smith Memorial Center.

Officers were dispatched to University Market on complaints that a man was harassing female employees of the market. Officer recognized Crow as a man who had been verbally trespassed only two days earlier. This time he got a citation to appear in court.

Property swiped
When the owner of a purse left it unattended in a studio on the second floor of Neuberger Hall around noon May 7, she returned to find a wallet removed.The owner valued wallet and contents at $111.

Considerably more valuable were two trumpets taken from a 1993 Toyota pickup truck parked in the West Hall parking lot May 4.

The two instruments were valued at $4,900. The thief had apparently pried open the canopy door about 6 p.m.

Identity theft
A student on May 11 reported an incident of stolen identity which dated back to an incident last fall. On the earlier date of September 15, a backpack and checkbook were taken from the fourth floor of Millar library.

The student this month discovered two checks from the checkbook had been fraudulently passed with a total value of $45.

Snooze costly
Sleeping in the bushes on the north side of the Education-Business Administration building earned a trip to jail for Jamie L. Wilson, 34.

Soon after midnight May 10, campus police checked Wilson and discovered he had two outstanding warrants, one for parole violation, a second for failure to appear in court. Portland police transported him to the Multnomah County Detention Center.

Dirty talk
A female resident of the King Albert told campus officers she had been receiving prank calls on her voice mail from a caller using obscene language.

The unwanted messages appeared about 8 p.m. May 9. The resident said the calls did not seem to contain any threats or be directed personally at her. They surfaced on her voice mail only.

Untimely rave
The office of International Studies in East Hall endured an unwelcome visit from a ranting male student at 2:30 p.m. May 10.

Personnel in the office said the unidentified student stormed in and began ranting and raving incoherently, claiming lawyers were taking all his money.

He left behind a letter voicing similar complaints about another student but offering no concrete details. No follow-up action by campus police was deemed required.