Reading commencement speeches is great, but there’s nothing like hearing sage advice straight from the horse’s mouth. Here are a few of the greatest for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
– David Foster Wallace on compassion and why the most important things are often right in front of us.
– George Saunders on why it’s important to be kind.
– Neil Gaiman on why the answer to everything is “make good art.”
– Ellen DeGeneres on losing everything and being true to oneself.
– President Obama on the true markers of success and resisting complacency.
Need more inspiration? Check out NPR’s exhaustive list here.